It is going to be a hot one today, so we are spending the day indoors, air con on and curtains closed. Leo has suggested we bake something and while I scramble to find some random ingredients that might be able to be thrown together to resemble some form of cake or loaf, in the words of many TV chef’s around the world, here is something I prepared earlier… our go-to.
Quick, easy, delish and for the most part, fail safe. Leo loves them, they are definitely not sugar free, gluten free or even healthy but they are comforting and scrumptious and everything is OK in portioned moderation right?
Anyway enough jabbering here they are..
Easy Peasy Choc Chip Cookies
225g Brown Sugar
115g Unsalted Butter – softened
2 tablespoons Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Peanut Butter – I like to use crunchy
280g Plain Flour – sifted
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Choc chips, I don’t have a measurement for this one because it is generally measured by a hungry three year old and we end up putting in heaps!
1. Line a baking tray and preheat oven to 190 degrees fan forced.
2. In a mixer beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until pale and creamy.
3. Add Peanut Butter and Milk and beat until mixed through.
4. Get little helper to sift in flour and baking powder, be prepared to lose some of the flour on the bench!
5. Mix flour through and add Choc Chips. Mix.
6. Roll mixture into balls and spread a few centremetres apart on baking tray (I like to use teaspoons to measure size of cookies and flatten out rounds once rolled out… Leo on the other hand likes to roll mix in to sausage shapes.)
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, it may even be quicker than that, we like ours a bit chewy so slightly blonde on the cookies is always good.
8. Cool on tray and then transfer to wire rack.
9. Enjoy and try stopping at one!
*Side note these can be done leaving the peanut butter out of course, I just add it because it gives them a nice hint of nuttiness. Bon Apetit!